Are you looking for an interesting and challenging career path? We are committed to providing opportunities for development to our employees and create a positive impact on our organization!
Penn-co Construction is a leading construction company currently looking for a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic to join our team.
Penn-co offers an excellent wage, up to $45.00 per hour depending on experience and skills and an attractive benefits package.
- Maintain and repair a large inventory of civil works heavy equipment including large excavators, dozers, rock trucks, rough terrain cranes, skid steers, telehandlers, forklifts, etc.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic)
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors, and locally in a fully equipped shop
- Perform welding repairs
- Investigate and locate equipment problems and take corrective action minimizing the impact on site crew
- Plan work and co-ordinate repairs with the site superintendent
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets etc.
- Red Seal diesel mechanic license is an asset. All levels will be considered including apprenticeships
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, Class 1 or 3 with air brake endorsement is an asset
- Must have own hand tools, travel pack out and cabinet
- Ability to repair heavy equipment
- Ability to travel to remote locations with the benefit of being home on a balanced schedule. Average 2-4 days out at a time, most weekends off
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work as a positive member of a growing team
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change
- Indoors in fully equipped shop and outdoors in all weather conditions that may include heat, dust, cold, rain, and noise
- Must be able to travel for work as required
- Physically strenuous work
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.